Monday, September 5, 2011

Blue Mountains Birth Photography - Meeting Ezekiel

I have had this yearning to photograph a birth for about a year now, any birth would have been wonderful, but I specifically wanted to aim for a home birth (and water preferably!)

One day as I was teaching a little photography course to some friends in my community, a very good friend of mine popped in with a question "Mell, will you photography our home birth?"

"OH MY GOSH.... YESSSSSSSS!!!" I said with tears in my eyes.

Months passed and I became more and more exited. Soon it was my dear friend Lusi's due date (we all know what due date means... rarely anything!!!)

Due date came, due date went.

Then, Monday 5th September 2011, I got a phone call, it was my dear friend Lusi's beautiful Mumma. "Mell, come now!"

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I arrived to the most peaceful and heartwarming place I think a baby could ever be born into.

Soon after I rolled up, Lusi hopped into the birthing pool and not long after, her fantastic midwife Hazel arrived.

She checked the heartbeat, and this was one happy, healthy baby who was just totally ready to enter this world!
There was family...
laughs...
prayer...
pain...
love and support...
and then...
a beautiful happy, healthy, squirming baby Ezekiel!!!!!!
you could tell he was one of the most wanted and loved little people ever! (but then... aren't they all :D)
Biggest sister Stassi was there for the whole birth, from go, to "hello"
Daddy enjoyed a beautiful little cuddle
Then we found out he was a whopping 3.9kg!!
Lusi and Brett, Stassi, Elijah, Ethan, Zippi and new baby Ezekiel, thank you for making me feel so welcome in your home for one of the most important days of your lives. I'll be in touch with your disc as soon as I can special friends xo

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lusi , Brett and family. Welcome baby Ezekiel. Praise the Lord for this wonderful blessing, enjoy every moment. Looking at the photo's brings tears of joy to my eyes.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mell!!! Thank you for being so amazingly talented, sensitive, caring, creative, funny and beautiful. Your words have touched us and your skills have captured one of the most precious moments of our lives! We love you and are so thankful to God for you being here!
    Love Lus x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos! Lusi's expression is priceless in the picture where she first catches Ezekiel. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photography - stunning! You did a wonderful job capturing Lusi's labor and birth. You captured so much emotion and got some perfect shots. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, Mell. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete